What a weekend – Outside in Aspen with a bit of EcoFest & Chili!
The biggest challenge of this weekend was how to fit it all in.
Kicking it off
Outside in Aspen kicked off at the Sky Hotel on Friday night where guests were welcomed with music, appetizers and, thanks to Kru, the vodka flowed like wine.
How much can you do in one weekend?
The weekend held options for..
- Outside in Aspen base camp, parties and rafting, kayaking, climbing a 14er, stand-up paddle boarding, mountain biking, road biking, rock climbing, trail running, fly-fishing, an adventure dog workshop or adventure sports photography clinic
- Attending Aspen Eco Fest 2012 with education, art, crafts, yoga & food
- Sampling chili & beer while listening to some tunes at the Snowmass Chili Pepper & Brew Fest
We couldn’t decide, so we did a bit of them all.
Mountain biking the Rim Trail in Snowmass
We signed up for mountain biking at Outside in Aspen for a couple of reasons.
- We had only mountain biked twice before. The first time was in Nevis. I got hit by a goat, it broke the bike and I had to walk all the way down. The second time was in Beaver Creek last year in August. We rode up Cinch, it was super hot and not exactly exciting.
- With Outside in Aspen, we had a chance to ride with Sari Anderson, and one thing I’ve learned over the years is to never pass up an opportunity to do anything with an expert.
Johnny and Trevor of Blazing Adventures at Snowmass were our guides and took excellent care of us.
We did the Rim Trail at Snowmass – 17 switchbacks up to the ridge and then a single track trail with great views.
It was a great morning – not sure if I’m ready to give up my road bike, but learned a ton and had a lot of fun!
|Photography and/or videography may not be used without explicit permission.|
|Connect with Kim:|