For over two decades, professional mountain guide & ski instructor Jean Pavillard has led clients on climbing, skiing, mountaineering & trekking expeditions around the world.
Born & raised in Switzerland and based in Colorado since 1984, Jean has travelled the world guiding clients.
Jean’s numerous accomplishments include:
- Guided clients in pursuit of ascending the Seven Summits
- Directed the Crested Butte ski school
- Developed ski guide courses for the American mountain Guide Association (AMGA)
- Founded the American Institute for Avalanche Research and Education (AIARE)
- Served as head judge for extreme ski competitions in Crested Butte, Colorado & Chamonix, France
- Member of Swiss, Canadian and American professional mountain guide associations
Jean founded and operates Adventures to the Edge, an international mountain guide service specializing in custom tours and expeditions.
Adventures to the Edge guides expeditions throughout Asia, North America & South America and leads ski tours in Europe, North America & South America.
Jean takes pride in gaining a thorough understanding of his clients’ goals and desires, then building the perfect tour for them, ensuring they will be happy with their adventure.
Over the 24 years that Jean has dedicated himself to the profession of guiding, he has worked with many master guides, schools and associations including the International School of Mountaineering in Leysin, The Ecole Suisse d’Alpinism, and the Leysin, Telluride and Crested Butte Ski Schools.
Learn more about Jean and upcoming ski tours on the Adventures to the Edge website.