Oakley Airbrake™ Snow Goggles
Item: Airbrake Snow Goggles
Activity: Skiing and snowboarding
Year purchased: 2011-2012
Price: About $220
[singlepic id=997 w=320 h=240 float=right]I used to hate goggles for all the common reasons - limited visibility, uncomfortable fit, inability to change lens easily, fogging up, and the list goes on.
That changed with Oakley Airbrakes – and, even though they are a bit pricey, they are worth every penny.
Oakley Airbrake Snow Goggles: Our choices
Greg got his Airbrakes at Christmas 2011. He chose the Viper Red, which come with a Fire Iridium lens and a VR28 Black Iridium replacement lens that is a medium visibility dark grey.
A week later, I bought the Shaun White’s, which come with a Fire Iridium lens and a Dark Grey replacement lens.
We then both purchased a HI Yellow lens for low light conditions.
[singlepic id=999 w=320 h=240 float=left]Oakley Airbrake Snow Goggles: Super comfortable
We skied 104 days in the 2011-2012 season, so comfort is important.
The Airbrakes fit really well, are comfortable and have a large field of vision, which cuts down on that claustrophobic feeling found with many goggles.
Oakley Airbrake Snow Goggles: Switching lens
Oakley Switchlock™ Technology makes lens changing easy and fast.
Simply flip the switch, the lens swivels out, pop a new one in, and you’re ready to go.
Oakley Airbrake Snow Goggles: The facts straight from Oakley
[singlepic id=998 w=320 h=240 float=right]Frame
- SwitchLock Technology for the quickest and easiest lens change for any light condition
- Rigid Front Frame with Flexible O-Matter® Rear chassis
- Rigid Frame support to minimize optical distortion, eliminate nasal pressure and maximize airflow
- All day comfort of moisture wicking triple-layer polar fleece foam
- Balanced fit (with or without helmet) via Fixed O-Matter® Interchangeable Strap Outriggers
- Optimized to fit medium to large faces
- Comes standard with two lens tints and case
- Fog elimination of dual vented lenses with F3 Anti-fog technology
- Tuned light transmission of Iridium lens coating (optional)
- UV protection of Plutonite® lens that filters out 100% of UVA/ UVB/ UVC & harmful blue light up to 400nm
Learn more on the Oakley website
Shortlink to article: http://wp.me/P2qW5j-AQ
Photography by Greg Hull or Kim Hull.
Photography may not be used without explicit permission.
Article by Kim Hull
|Photography and/or videography may not be used without explicit permission.|
|Connect with Kim:|